This afternoon Haley and I both had dr. appointments. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking scheduling the appointments during her nap time but I guess that was all they had available. So off to the first dr. we went. Haley fell asleep in the car as expected and woke up 10 minutes later when we arrived at the office. Guess that was all the sleep she needed. She was such a good baby waiting for me to see the dr. Then as soon as I was called in Haley started to choke on her Cheerios and blah....she threw them all up all over herself and her stroller. I tried to explain to Haley that happens when you stick 6 cheerios in your mouth at once but she didn't listen. Good thing it was an easy cleanup and I guess if you're going to choke, the dr. office is the best place to do it! She was REALLY good the entire time and a huge hit with all the people waiting to see the dr. On the stroller ride out to the car she put her head to the side and zonked out.
Unfortunately, her appointment was only a few minutes later and about a 1 minute car ride. So she didn't get to sleep long but managed to have fun in her dermatologist's office too. She had lots of fun sitting in the chair and ripping up all the paper. Then the dr. came in. She was fine at first until he pulled out a ruler (of all the things to make her terrified!). He put it to her face and the next thing you know her lip started to quiver and she started screaming. Huge tears were pouring out. Poor thing. All the dr. was doing was measuring her birthmark to make sure it isn't growing, which it's not. Funny how the dr. that hurts her the least is the one she is most terrified of. The dr. just said to keep an eye on it and he'll check up on it once a year. When she is a little older we might biopsy it or just remove it. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
1 comment:
Isn't it funny the things that freak them out? Corry was devastated by the tape measure they use to see how big their heads are and how long they are. I love all your pictures & video clips - she's the cutest little thing!
Post a Comment